Publicizing Article 15s
- Permissible, but must delete social security number of the soldier and relevant privacy information. AR 27-10, para. 3-22.
- Timing. At next unit formation after punishment is imposed, or, if appealed, after the decision on appeal. Can post on the unit bulletin board.
- Commander considerations. Avoid inconsistent or arbitrary policy. Before publishing the punishments of sergeants and above, consider:
- The nature of the offense.
- The individual’s military record and duty position.
- The deterrent effect.
- The impact on unit morale or mission.
- The impact on the victim.
- The impact on the leadership effectiveness of the individual concerned.