Soldier must be notified of the following (AR 27-10, paras. 3-16 b and 3-18):
- Commander’s intention to dispose of the matter under Article 15.
- Offense suspected of.
- Maximum punishment that the commander could impose under Article 15.
- Soldier’s rights under Article 15.
Delegating the notice responsibility. AR 27-10, para. 3-18a.
- Commander may delegate the notice responsibility to any subordinate who is a SFC or above (if senior to soldier being notified). The commander still needs to personally sign the DA Form 2627 or 2627-1.
- Good way to involve first sergeant or command sergeant major.
For a script that can be used during the first reading, see AR 27-10, app. B.
All info submitted will be kept confidential and private. We will contact you via e-mail or phone for a free initial consultation with a military defense lawyer. An attorney client relationship is not established by submitting this initial contact information to our office.
Gonzalez & Waddington, LLCGonzalez and Waddington defend Army, Air Force, Navy, Marine Corps, and Coast Guard cases in the US, Germany, England, Italy, Spain, Sicily, Europe, Turkey, Bahrain, Kuwait, Iraq, Cyprus, Korea, Hawaii, Guam, and Japan.Phone: (866) 969-9860