Sample Questions for Qualifying a Forensic Psychologist as an Expert
List of sample questions for qualifying a forensic psychologist as an expert:
- State your full name and professional address.
- Please tell us about you educational background
- Tell us about your work experience.
- Have you taken additional continuing education over the years?
- What professional organizations are you a member of?
- When and where have you been licensed as a psychologist?
- Please describe your practice.
- With respect to your clinical practice, what kinds of therapy and assessment do you provide?
- Could you please tell us about some of the various types of examinations that forensic psychologists perform?
- What are the basic differences between a clinical evaluation and a forensic examination?
- What does it mean to a forensic psychologist to be the court’s expert?
- So it is not your job to just say what is helpful to my case, even though we’ve called you to testify and we’ve paid for your time?
- Other than attorneys in private practice, for whom else have you conducted forensic examinations?
- What type of forensic work have you done most frequently?
- Is there forensic work that you don’t do?
- About how many forensic exams have you conducted over the past 12 years?
- Approximately how many times have you provided sworn testimony in depositions and court rooms like this one?