- The classification review is a key litigation support function in national security cases.
- The review should be coordinated with higher technical supervisory channels as 4 The classification review is described in Code 17 Handbook, Chapter 3. soon as possible. The CR should occur prior to action under the UCMJ and/or discovery.
- What the classification review accomplishes:
- Verifies the current classification level for the information and its duration;
- Verifies the classification level of information when subjected to compromise;
- Determines whether another command requires review of the
- Provides a general description of the impact on affected operations.
- Basic Information Security Requirements.