Records of Reported Abuse
- The US Medical Command, Fort Sam Houston, maintains an Army-wide, centralized data bank containing a confidential index of victim-based reported spouse and child abuse cases – Army Central Registry (ACR). Used to assist in the early identification, verification, and retrieval of reported cases of spouse and child abuse.
- Must be substantiated spouse and child abuse.
- The standard used by the Case Review Committee – a preponderance of the evidence available indicates abuse occurred.
- Distinguish the standard used by CID in titling decisions: credible information exists that a crime was committed and this person did it.
- Commander’s access governed by FOIA and Privacy Act.