Four US Navy sailors are awaiting a hearing to determine whether they will be court-martialed for allegedly engaging in group sex with a minor and recording it, while on base in Washington, DC.

The sailors, all Petty Officers Third Class, are accused of taking video and photos of the encounter with a girl, between the ages of 12 and 15, in the barracks at Naval Base Kitsap-Bangor on September 19, 2017.

The four, who have not been named, now face an Article 32 hearing to determine whether there is enough evidence to bring formal military charges, reported.

Two of the sailors face production of child pornography charges because the videos and stills recorded a sexual act with a minor.

The sailors are all Petty Officers Third Class (rank shown) who are attached to the US Navy‘s submarine fleet based at Naval Base Kitsap-Bangor in Washington.

‘There is no allegation of rape or the use force in the incident,‘ Commander Corey Barker, a spokesperson for Submarine Force US Pacific Fleet, said.

An anonymous tip related the alleged occurrence was receive by base authorities on September 26, 2017, Barker said.

The Naval Criminal Investigative Service(NCIS) immediately took on the case.

‘The Navy takes allegations of misconduct seriously and, upon learning of this, immediately initiated a criminal investigation into the matter,‘ Barker said.

It‘s believed the sailors involved did not know the girl who has been described as ‘a child who had attained the age of 12 years, but had not attained the age of 16 years.‘

How the alleged victim gained access to the base remains under investigation.

Two sailors are attached to the USS Nebraska, with a third sailor attached to the USS Henry M. Jackson submarine.

The fourth sailor previously served on the USS Henry M. Jackson and has since been transferred to Naval Submarine Support Center (NSSC), Bangor.

The four sailors currently remain at the Bangor base, awaiting their Article 32 hearing, which is expected to take place in two weeks.

At the preliminary hearing, military prosecutors will present evidence to a presiding officer who will decide whether enough evidence exists to take the case to court-martial.

Share →